Myasthenia Gravis (MG) is one of 43 known neuromuscular diseases. Information about MG and other neuromuscular diseases can be found at the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (MGFA) is a great source of information about MG.
June is National Myasthenia Gravis Awareness Month. Read this great, easy to read article.
Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness, Inc. will help patients regardless of their ability to pay.
Rare diseases are not rare to those who have them. Learn more at the National Organization for Rare Diseases.
Article in MySA on how a local support group helps others.
Myasthenia Gravis Support Group Resources – Texas
- What is MG
- Clinical overview of MG
- Drugs to be avoided
- What is Plasmapheresis (aka PLEX or Pheresis)?
- What is IVIG treatment?
Organizations to be aware of:
- Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of America (MGFA)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
- National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc. (NORD)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association, Inc.
Publications you can subscribe to for FREE:
- Quest Magazine / MDA
- Neurology Now
- Foundation Focus / MGFA
- Neuromuscular Disorders (abstracts are free)
Myasthenia Gravis Support Groups of Texas
Supporting Those Living with Myasthenia Gravis
North Texas / Dallas/Fort Worth Metro
Meets every 2nd Saturday, location varies
Facilitators: Jerry and Karon Fought